Sunday 26 December 2010

Oops, been away for a while

I've decided to start blogging again. I know it's been almost a year, but I regularly found myself thinking "if I had a blog, I would put this in", so it's time to try again. It's been an insanely busy year, but a rather excellent one too.

I tweet far too much, and I want to be able to write more than 140 characters occasionally!

LGBT Officer
I'm no longer Women's Officer (thank god). In March I was elected as LGBT Officer for the 10/11 academic year. It's going fantastically. I have an amazing committee and I am calm and happy about it. There are events coming out my ears and they're all well attended. It really feels like there's a positive buzz around everything LGBT at University of Nottingham this year, which is really great and makes it all worthwhile. Currently planning LGBT History Month (February). Last year I think we showed one film. This year there's oodles of events planned. Hope it's as successful as I think it can be!

Distro
marching stars distro is still my absolute favourite thing in life.
Currently in January 2011 issue of DIVA magazine as part of "The Real Big Society" article which I'm insaaaanely proud about

Distro's just had it's most successful year to date. Each year business is doubling. I'm hoping to get the website a little more professional soon and I'm keen to see where I can go with my distro...

Degree
Yeah, still plodding along with that... nearly there, 5/6ths through now. Hopefully going to end up with a high 2:1 if I stay on track... Doing my dissertation (12,000 words!) on Queer Theology which I'm really enjoying although it is getting me very confused about what I'm going to try and argue for!

Tegan and Sara
Still love them. Managed to see them 6 times this year on their (very short!) Europe tour in June. All incredible shows. Still don't really love Sainthood, but it's ok.

Most loved recent T+S related thing:


Also, just checking everyone has heard this:


So that's all I think I have for now, but I'm going to try and update at least once a fortnight. I'm just about to start my busiest 6 months ever, but hopefully they're going to be crazy and wonderful as much as they're going to be insanely tiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment